Sunday, July 10, 2005

Del Castillo and Robert Rodriguez

Just want to mention this gig one more time, because it sounds like such a cool show. I know it's not in San Antonio and Del Castillo isn't a San Antonio band, but Robert Rodriguez is from San Antonio, so that counts :)

July 15th in Austin: Antone's 30th Anniversary Bash: Del Castillo with special guests Robert Rodriguez and Patricia Vonne

A couple people I mentioned this gig to asked me who Robert Rodriguez is. I'm amazed that anyone wouldn't know who he is, but in case you don't:

He's a movie director. His movies include:
Sin City
The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
El Mariachi/Desperado/Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Spy Kids
From Dusk til Dawn

He also has a band called Chingon (which I understand is Spanish for badass) with some of the members of Del Castillo. Some of Chingon's music was featured on Kill Bill 1 & 2 and on Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Patricia Vonne is an alternative country singer from Austin.

Anyway, I think it sounds like an interesting show and I might try to make it up there just to catch Robert Rodriguez.