Sunday, May 21, 2006

Better Late Then Never: Oyster Bake Pics and Other Stuff

In accordance with the law of physics which states that "Rowan will take 10 times longer to perform any given task than anyone else in the spacetime continuum, regardless of the simplicity of said task," an addendum to the Law of Inertia, which states that an object at rest will remain at rest until given a swift kick in the butt, I am just now getting around to posting pics sent to me of Oyster Bake 2006 and Rob Zombie at Sunken Gardens.

So, without further procrastination, here we go:

Oyster Bake 2006

Structure at Oyster Bake 2006Structure at Oyster Bake


Electric Crush at Oyster Bake 2006Electric Crush at Oyster Bake


Pushmonkey at Oyster Bake 2006Pushmonkey at Oyster Bake


Three Days Grace at Oyster Bake 2006Three Days Grace at Oyster Bake


Rob Zombie at Sunken GardensRob Zombie at Sunken Gardens



There are a whole bunch more pics of Oyster Bake and Zombie in the Photos Section. So check 'em out.

In my defense, the reason I waited was that I was also going to put up some video clips from these shows at the same time. Between finding times that the contributor and I would both be online and the sheer amount of time it takes to send videos over the internet, it took quite a while to get all of the videos. Of course now, in accordance with Murphy's Law, which states that if anything can go wrong it will, now that I finally have all the videos and the time to clip them up and post them, it turns out that none of the video-editing software I have will open the videos. Also, I can't seem to find any freeware program that will convert them from the format they're in to a format I can work with.

I will eventually get the videos put up, I swear. Not because of any law of physics, but just cuz I'm freakin' stubborn.

Another thing I am is hopelessly unobservant, which means I just figured out that one of my video-editing programs has a feature called "auto adjust tone" and I can lighten up the videos that came out really dark. I tested it out on the recent video I took of The Killing Floor playing "Voodoo Chile" at 321 Max. It came out much better. The clips are larger and grainier, but now you can SEE THEM! They're also in wmv format, which means they're much smaller in file size. There are two clips over on the Video Page - one of the guitar solo and one of a jam with JCM on guitar with Tom Rimes on alto sax. So check those out, too.

As time permits (see the 1st law mentioned above to figure out how long that will take), I will lighten up the other videos that came out dark and repost them.