Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Swindles at Scenic Loop Cafe

from Mitch Webb and the Swindles (from their newsletter):

This Friday night at Scenic Loop!

You can take your earplugs out for this one!

This Friday night out near Leon Springs at a place called Scenic Loop Cafe we will pitch camp and dish out some songs in a fashion you don't get to hear very often. We will be sitting down playing pretty quietly. It still grooves but it's not the rollicking, stage diving, beer-drenched fiasco that seems to follow us everywhere we go. Did I say that? Don't get me wrong, I still love debauchery, but I really enjoy hearing the band every once in a while and this place is great for doing just that. Performing at Scenic Loop reminds me of the old Niles Wine Bar and all the good times we had out there.

Come on out and witness the "circle of death" that Joe and I love to see evolve as people are forced to get closer and closer to the band. They have great food and Christy (the owner) has the best wait staff I've ever encountered. Nice bar inside, good food and a great patio! Thank The Lord Of Texas that big misting fans are there to keep you cool.

From 8:00-11:00 under the stars!


They have a full playground and I promise not to curse. Hmmmmmm.. I guess Fatherhood is growing on me. Well.. take a look at why!

I have heard from a reliable source that the Scenic Loop actually gets "pretty durn busy" on Fridays, so I'm expecting to have a good time. If you sit up close to the stage I'll buy your first round! By the way, I am the judge of how close is close enough.

Swindle truck can be yours!

It's true, The Swindle truck can be yours for 1199 big ones! Just put it in drive and close your eyes and it will autopilot straight for Taco Land leaving a trail of smoke the whole way! I will trade it for the right guitar or whatever you got if its fair! Good farm truck!