Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This Particular Band

Those in the know will understand this and I question my position...whaddya' think?

There is a band that is notorious in SA for stealing other bands' gigs. The first time I had to deal with this, a fairly big name in town asked me not to list their gigs and I said that my job is to do the listings, not judge the way the bands get their gigs.

Now it seems that this same band is under fire once again on this blog for what I understand is begging for gigs to the point of having another band bumped last minute.

So I put the question to you...what should my policy be toward this band? Should I penalize them for what other bands see as "Screwing"? Or should I list every band I'm aware of that is playing, no matter what their strategy?

I think that my job is listing all the gigs that I am aware of and that my responsibility is towards the fans who are looking to go out to hear a band. At the same time, I don't really want to promote a band who comes by their gigs by screwing other bands...I would love to hear some input on this...